stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition

+2
Wedge
Bella
6 posters

Go down

Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition Empty Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition

Post  Bella Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Maeger Varn requests an audience with the group. He says he has a business proposition for the group.
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition Empty Re: Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition

Post  Wedge Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

I'm sure we'll want to hear him out.

Is it too early to make treaties? I'm thinking trade and intelligence sharing for now.

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition Empty Re: Maeger stops by Pythiaville with an proposition

Post  Wakko Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 am

I concur.

OOC: Have any of you ever played Civilization 2? You can call your council for advice. The one that advices on how to keep the people happy is Elvis.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet
class: Ranger
Race: Half Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:18 pm

(OOC) I picture Maegar sounding like sean connery.

Hello my friends.

He laughs towards Pythia. "It seems you have elevated your station since we last met. We appear to be equals now, you and I."

Pleasantries continue for a few moments before he gets down to business.

"Wood is a scarce resource for Varnhold. You seem to have it in abundance here. We normally get our lumber from Restov, but I would prefer to support you first. We recently found a pass through the Tors of Leveinies (a mountain to the east of the Greenbelt) that would make travel between Varnhold and your nation easier. It is still treachurous because of the snow, but between March to the end of October it should be safe enough to pass. We will supplly an envoy to gaurd agains the Roc incase it decides to try anything. Does this interest you?"

(OOC): basically between March and October your nation would get a +1 economy bonus.
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 pm

"Your proposal has merit and I for one am inclined to agree. However, we will have to discuss it amongst ourselves before making a formal agreement. Let me ask you this: What will the wood be used for - timber or fuel?"

To the party: "This agreement is good for the economy but we need make sure our natural resources don't get exhausted. This includes the lumber itself and also any wildlife where the lumbering takes place.. We'll want to create and enforce laws against clear cutting. We'll also want to replant the trees and have plant growth cast on the plantings, if possible. I think it's reasonable to share those costs with Maeger in some fashion"

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm

We would use the lumber to build buildings for the Varnhold. We are in need of some houses and a church.
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 pm

(OOC) Is there going to be cost in BP for replanting the cut down trees?

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Since you are doing it for roleplaying purposes I will say no cost. Casting plant growth can be an intern thing Smile
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalelu Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 pm

*Gentle Cough*
Shalelu
Shalelu

Back to top Go down

Post  sandru Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:10 pm

*sigh*

"Abi would also like permission to stay here in *insert city name here* so she can be closer to Pythia."

"Is this acceptable with you all?"
sandru
sandru

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Does everyone agree to his proposal and request?
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet
class: Ranger
Race: Half Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm

sure she seems nice enough

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Maegar Varn wrote:*sigh*

"Abi would also like permission to stay here in Tuskberg so she can be closer to Pythia."

"Is this acceptable with you all?"

"As long as she stays in the castle or goes back home when we are exploring. I would not want to risk her being harmed. I agree on the logging deal."

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Abi is supposed to stay in town. I have nothing written for her outside of tuskberg.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

During a visit to see Abigail, Maegars wizard offers to sell some spells to Wilberd for the copy price. Wizards have to stick together and all. This is his travel book.

4th—beast shape II, calcific touch, confusion, dimension
door, stone shape

3rd—arcane sight, dispel magic, explosive runes, lightning bolt,
greater magic weapon, slow

2nd—alter self, flaming sphere, knock, pyrotechnics, resist
energy, see invisibility, whispering wind

1st—animate rope, charm person, color spray, erase, floating
disk, hush, mage armor, magic missile, protection from chaos,
unseen servant
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 pm

I'll copy flaming sphere.

Is there a hurry to do this now? Would I be able to copy stuff at a later time?

I'll let him have access to any of my spells for the same price.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Any new spells from his book or from gaining to 6th level are on no hard timeline. The only thing nudging you on would be the growing unrest withthe troll trouble. He comes about every two to three months. He would be back in November when the +2 economy bonus stops for the winter.

You can also trade spells by mail with him if you prefer.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

What does the hush spell do? I don't see it in the SRD

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down