stormmonkieskm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PC's Arrive at the Trading Post

+3
ulf
Svetlana Leveton
Bella
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The PC's Arrive at the Trading Post - Page 2 Empty Re: The PC's Arrive at the Trading Post

Post  Wedge Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Svetlana Leveton wrote:Svetlana pours each party member a bowl of hot stew, making sure to keep a nice distance between her and the ranger’s cheetah companion.

OOC: I thought that the Ranger did not get the animal companion until 4th level?

Wedge

Character sheet
class: Wizard
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

The PC's Arrive at the Trading Post - Page 2 Empty Re: The PC's Arrive at the Trading Post

Post  Bella Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:25 pm

(Ooc) if that's true about the cheetah.. my bad... she see's the future lol.

You can plan the attack later. I would want to know what jorge would want to do with his character for the ambush. It would be great if you can either email me him or get a copy to william at the library.

Heidi will scope out the place and find a nice high ground to fire from. One shot one kill baby.
Bella
Bella
Admin

https://stormmonkieskm.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 pm

OOC: I did mention that I don't get mine until 4th level, unless I am raising a wild kitten.

I ask the elf warrior if he has a ranged weapon. If not, he could do like me. One shot, then into battle.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet
class: Ranger
Race: Half Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:21 pm

I have a thrown axe but id prefer to keep that in reserve. More than likely i would start the fight out by charging at the enemies to attempt to disorient them. I have furious focus feat so i can power attack with no penalties on my first attack each turn, so i would use it every attack. That would be my basic strategy for this first fight.

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 am

I think the mage should color spray, with the sniper picking off targets as she can, and I will use my sling for one shot, before pulling my greatsword and entering combat. Of course, initiative order might change things up.

OOC: My character does not have improved initiative, nor a high dex, so typically, I will go last.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:55 am

Do either of the fighters want Enlarge Person?

OOC: I'm assuming I'll be able to change spells in the morning before the attack.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Specs Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I would love it i already have an 18 str and am using a 2 hander so enlarge would be awesome to have Smile.

Specs

Character sheet
class: Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm

You can change spells if you want.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 am

There is a role playing event that takes place the first time the group returns to the trading post. Did you want to do that one as well? It should not take level 1 characters long to return to the trading post.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am

Admin wrote:There is a role playing event that takes place the first time the group returns to the trading post. Did you want to do that one as well? It should not take level 1 characters long to return to the trading post.

I'd rather take things in order.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Me too.

BTW, there is a chance I might not get to play Saturday. My wife's surgery has been temporarily postponed due to circumstances beyond our control. We are waiting for the new date. If it is later this week, I can't play. If it is next week, I can play this week. I will keep you informed.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Tue May 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Send the info to james via email to make sure he knows. Thanks for the update.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Thu May 05, 2011 10:20 am

"Oleg, do the bandits come on horses, or on foot? I know they have a wagon."

(to the party) "I think maybe if the ambush is successful, we take them out about a mile or two down the road, leaving obvious wagon tracks from the post, and make it look like they were killed and ambushed on the way back. We could strip them down and hide the wagon (with their goods) in the woods."

"Afterwords, we should scout out around the trading post, and make sure that is clear."
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

Kyras Cobb wrote:"Oleg, do the bandits come on horses, or on foot? I know they have a wagon."

(to the party) "I think maybe if the ambush is successful, we take them out about a mile or two down the road, leaving obvious wagon tracks from the post, and make it look like they were killed and ambushed on the way back. We could strip them down and hide the wagon (with their goods) in the woods."

"Afterwords, we should scout out around the trading post, and make sure that is clear."

"I got a better idea (unsurprisingly). I'll send Hawkberd to fly high cover - if he sees anything threatening I'll know."

OOC: Words in quotes are said in an undertone.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Thu May 05, 2011 12:21 pm

"Great, maybe he can poop on em."
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ulf Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm

"Im not sure where you got the idea of them having a wagon came from. They do come on horseback. They load up the horses with my stuff, though. Since the bandits started stealing from the post, trade has been light." He scratches his chin for a second.

"Your welcome to go ahead with yur plan to have hut bird poop on the and then run at them while they are distracted, but they will be on horseback so they are quicker. If you do it here they will need to get off. When their walking with my stuff to their horses, the wont have their hands on there weapons. I can lure them out while you hide." He grins.

"Plus, if you kill em here, I can watch em get what they deserve."
ulf
ulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 pm

OOC: I thought someone had mentioned a wagon. My character would not have mentioned it otherwise. Hard to have a conversation spanning several days and several pages of dialogue.

"I thought I heard someone mention a wagon. Just as well. We can take 'em inside. How well does the gate close?"
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ulf Thu May 05, 2011 5:32 pm

(Ooc) I think james mentioned a wagon in the email.

"The gate closes secure. Why. Got an idea? If you lock them out, they will be on there guard. The walls are wood. They could just burn them and us with them."
ulf
ulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Thu May 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Hey, Oleg, here's an idea. We could lock them in so they don't ride off when we try to attack them.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ulf Thu May 05, 2011 7:12 pm

(Ooc) if you look at the file for the trading post, you would see the gate is like a double door. It might be easier to make plans on saturday when you can see the map drawn out.

"That never occured to me. Who will close the heavy wooden doors and who will ask the bandits to kindly wait while we shut them?"
ulf
ulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge Thu May 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Kyras Cobb wrote:Hey, Oleg, here's an idea. We could lock them in so they don't ride off when we try to attack them.
I was thinking of casting the Grease spell in that area. It won't stop them from escaping but it should at least slow them down and make make them easy targets for our sniper.

OOC: Mike's right. We should do the final plan when we can all see the map.

Wedge

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Thu May 05, 2011 9:33 pm

OOC: I was just mad that Mike would assume I meant to lock them out when the plan all along has been to ambush them inside the fort.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Thu May 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Your previous post to oleg was about ambushing the bandits outside the trading post. Plus, most main doors for forts like this are made of heavy wood. It would take at least two rounds to run to them and get them closed. More to lock them. Taking these two things into account, I think it is a safe assumption to think you were refering to keeping them out. Oleg owns the fort. He would know if an idea would work or not. He is trying to help you brainstorm.

Think about it this way. These bandits have been on him for three months. That is three months to stew and come up with so many "what if" scenarios to fight them. He probably thought of every idea you have mentioned. He has had three months to figure out why they may work.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wakko Fri May 06, 2011 9:06 am

Admin wrote:Your previous post to oleg was about ambushing the bandits outside the trading post. Plus, most main doors for forts like this are made of heavy wood. It would take at least two rounds to run to them and get them closed. More to lock them. Taking these two things into account, I think it is a safe assumption to think you were refering to keeping them out. Oleg owns the fort. He would know if an idea would work or not. He is trying to help you brainstorm.

Think about it this way. These bandits have been on him for three months. That is three months to stew and come up with so many "what if" scenarios to fight them. He probably thought of every idea you have mentioned. He has had three months to figure out why they may work.

OOC: I NEVER mentioned ambushing them outside the trading post. I asked once if the catapults worked. I just wanted to see if they were useful in case a large force of bandits showed up. I also talked about carrying the bodies away from the trading post, so suspicion by the other bandits would not fall on Oleg. I was hoping that the bandits would blame a rival group (if there was one), and that maybe they would attack each other. As for the gates, not knowing about them is why I asked. I did not know how heavy they were, how long it took them to be closed, whither or not Oleg kept them open during the day, etc.
Wakko
Wakko

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Fri May 06, 2011 9:38 am

Kyras Cobb wrote: (to the party) "I think maybe if the ambush is successful, we take them out about a mile or two down the road, leaving obvious wagon tracks from the post, and make it look like they were killed and ambushed on the way back. We could strip them down and hide the wagon (with their goods) in the woods."

In this paragraph you refer to taking them out a mile or two down the road. I read "take them out" as in kill them a mile or two away. I did not know you we're refering to the bodies. The paragraph makes sense either way as well. Thanks for the clarification that you were refering to the bodies and not the bandits.
Bella
Bella
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next